Yes, you can. You wear your engagement ring every day, so it’s only natural it will need to be looked after. Cleaning it regularly ensures its radiance remains for years to come.
Our team recommends cleaning your engagement ring approximately every two weeks. If you carry out a lot of household tasks, do activities outdoors, or handle a lot of products day-to-day, you’ll need to clean your ring more often to prevent the build-up of residue.
How to clean your engagement ring:
- Fill a small bowl with warm water and a little soap. Some gentle dishwashing soap is ideal.
- Place your ring in the bowl and leave it to soak for 15 minutes. This will loosen any residue build-up.
- Ensure your sink drain is covered, then rinse your ring under some warm water.
- Use a soft, clean toothbrush to remove any remaining dirt. We recommend using this toothbrush solely for cleaning jewellery.
- Use a lint-free cotton cloth to dry your ring. Let it air dry for up to half an hour before you wear it again.
Avoid using paper towels or harsh chemicals, such as bleach and commercial jewellery cleaners. They can damage the ring.If you purchase an engagement ring from 77 Diamonds, you can visit us for a free ultrasonic cleaning service. We recommend doing this once or twice a year.