When did men start wearing wedding rings?
The round, infinite circle of a ring is one of the oldest symbols in the world, and represents an eternal bond shared between two people. The tradition of wearing rings as a token of lasting companionship dates back to ancient Egypt, where men and women were thought to wear braided rings made out of hemp and reeds. It was believed there existed a vein in the fourth finger that connected straight to the heart, the ‘Vena Amoris’, and could explain why we wear rings on the fourth finger today.
How do I measure my ring size?
Getting the right ring size is crucial: an incorrect size will be at best bothersome, at worst, totally uncomfortable. For this reason, it’s best to have your ring size professionally measured at one of our showrooms. If that isn’t possible, there are a range of at-home sizing options available. To learn more, simply consult our sizing guide.
How should I care for my ring?
We recommend cleaning classic wedding rings once a month, and diamond-set rings once every two weeks. If you carry out a lot of household tasks, do outdoor activities, or handle a lot of products day-to-day, you’ll need to clean your ring more often to prevent residue build-up.
How to clean your wedding ring:
- Fyld en lille skål med varmt vand og lidt sæbe. Det er ideelt at bruge et mildt opvaskemiddel.
- Læg din ring i skålen og lad den ligge i blød i 15 minutter. Dette vil opløse det skidt, der har sat sig.
- Sørg for at vaskens afløb er dækket og skyl så din ring i varmt vand.
- Brug en blød, ren tandbørste til at fjerne resterende skidt. Vi anbefaler, at du udelukkende bruger denne tandbørste til at rengøre smykker med.
- Brug en fnugfri klud til at tørre din ring. Lad den lufttørre i op til en halv time, før du tager den på igen.
- Undgå papirsservietter eller skrappe kemikalier som blegemiddel og kommercielle smykkerensemidler. De kan skade ringen.Hvis du køber en forlovelsesring fra 77 Diamonds, kan du få en gratis ultrasonisk rengøringsservice hos os. Vi anbefaler, at du får sådan en to gange om året.
Can you help me find a wedding ring?
Our team of jewellery specialists will be more than happy to help find the perfect rings for your wedding day. By booking an appointment, you can discuss your ring preferences one-to-one with a specialist, who will then suggest a selection of designs depending on your needs. Our team can also help you and your partner find the correct ring size.
Can’t get to a showroom? You can also contact our experts via live chat, or by phone.
Can men’s wedding rings be resized?
Getting the perfect ring size can sometimes be tricky. This is why we can resize your rings for free if you send them back to us in under 30 days. Please note, ring resizes involve a certain level of technique and craft, and you may receive your new rings after 6 weeks. This is why we suggest you order your rings in the correct size, that way you won’t have to worry about sending them back.
There are a number of ways to find your correct ring size. To learn more, please visit our ring size guide.
What is the best material for men’s wedding rings?
This largely depends on what is most important to you when choosing a ring. If you often do manual work, and plan to wear your ring every day, it would be best to choose a metal that is resistant to wear and less prone to losing its colour. We would therefore recommend either a yellow gold, platinum or palladium ring. If you like the feel of a heavy ring, choosing platinum can be a worthwhile option as it is a very dense metal. For further information, feel free to contact our jewellery specialists.